All members of the Romsey Community the 2019 AGM for the Romsey Region Business and Tourism Association Inc. (RRBATA) will be held at the Romsey CFA Headquarters.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
The 2019 Annual General Meeting for the Romsey Region Business and Tourism Association Incorporated will be held on Thursday 14th November 2019, commencing at 7.30pm at former Romsey Courthouse, Stawell Street, Romsey (entry via rear of building).
Ordinary business of the Annual General Meeting is as follows—
(a) to confirm the minutes of the 2018 Annual General Meeting;
(b) to receive and consider—
(i) Annual Report of the Committee on the activities of RRBATA during 2018-2019 financial year; and
(ii) 2018-2019 Financial Statements of RRBATA;
(c) to elect the members of the Committee;
(d) to confirm or vary the amounts of the annual subscription and joining fee.
Members and Guests WELCOME.
Enquiries: Jenny Stillman
Mobile Phone: 0411 700464
RRBATA’s Future Uncertain
After its Annual General Meeting to be held on 14th November 2019, the capacity of the Romsey Region Business and Tourism Association (RRBATA) to continue is in serious doubt unless a minimum of 4 people (business operators or general community members) are prepared to undertake a Committee of Management role as per Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) regulations. After a decade of committed voluntary service, several current long standing committee members have indicated their definite intention to retire from their RRBATA positions.
Unless their positions are filled, RRBATA will no longer be able to legally exist as an incorporated association which is the status enabling it to receive project/event funding.
The following have all been RRBATA initiatives and objectives:
- Advocacy for the Romsey region with Local, State and Federal governments/agencies and other stakeholders (including representation on other regional bodies such as Tourism Macedon Ranges and Local Government strategy reference groups)
- Christmas In Romsey Festival
- Management of the Romsey Online website (romsey.org.au).
- Development of a Romsey Business Marketing Campaign (in partnership with Macedon Ranges Shire Council).
- Improvement of town amenity and its livability (e.g. Romsey Streetscape Enhancement Project, Romsey Digital Interface Historic Plaques Project).
- Promotion of local businesses, economic development and the positive effects of the visitor economy.
- Advocacy and representation on other regional bodies (e.g. Tourism Macedon Ranges, Local and State Government policy/strategy reference groups)
RRBATA President, Jenny Stillman, explained that RRBATA’s capacity to continue is in serious doubt unless a minimum of 4 people (business operators or general community members) are prepared to undertake a committee of management role as per Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) regulations. “The governance roles are minimal as most of the projects are undertaken at working group level with other community members.” Ms. Stillman said. “The cold hard facts are that RRBATA will cease to exist if no one is prepared to step up and assist with its formal governance!”
If you can help or would like further information, please contact:
Jenny Stillman ph. 0411 700464 email@example.com