Romsey Community House TERM 4
NEW WEBSITE – TO CHECK ALL THE LATEST CLASSES & ACTIVITES LOGO ONTO –
p / f 03 5429 6724
TERM 4 COURSES –
Health, Fitness & Well-being
Pilates for Beginners
- Monday’s 1.00 – 2.00pm. Commencing 12/10/09 – 14/12/09 (excludes 2/11/09). Term Cost $108. Bookings essential.
Pilates – Intermediate
- Monday’s 2.00 – 3.00pm. Commencing 12/10/09 – 14/12/09 (excludes 2/11/09). Term Cost $108.00. Bookings essential.
Yoga – With Kym Oliver
- Wednesday’s 7.00 – 8.30pm. Cost $140 (Per 10 week Term). Casual rate $18/ session. Ph: Kym Oliver 5429 2134
- Expressions of interest for a weekly 1 hour session at $10 per week. Min. numbers apply.
Intuitive Healing and Reiki
- Contact Lindy 0410 692 700 for more information & bookings.
Responding to Children’s Anger
- November 21st. Cost $25. Bookings essential.
Walk Together Program
- Meets at the Lions park (near the creek) every Tuesday 9.30am.
Social & Creative Activities
Seniors in Action:
- Info session as detailed below, $5 includes lunch
- Sep. 25th: Services available thru Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- Oct. 30th: Mental Health & Fitness
- Nov. 27th: Xmas Party time!
- Wednesdays 4-5pm. Adults $5 Children under 12 $2.50. Bookings essential.
- Meets every Thursday 10.00am. Gold coindonation.
Drop in for a Cuppa:
- Any week day 9.30am—5.00pm. Gold coin.
Education & Technology:
Certificate Course (Non-accredited training):
- Computer Basics 1 – 10 weeks commencing October 6. Tuesdays at 1-3pm. $160. Bookings essential.
- Computer Basics 2 – 10 weeks commencing October 8. Thursdays at 1-3pm. $160. Bookings essential.
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel – 8 weeks commencing October 7. Wednesdays 1-3pm.
$160. Bookings essential.
- Computer Maintenance – One 2hr session $20. Tutor: Michael Bevan Tues October 13 from 7pm-9pm. Bookings essential. Alternate Sessions also available November 10 & December
- Learn to Use the Internet – 2hr session $20 Tues 27 October. Alternate session available 24 November. Bookings essential Cooking for 1 or 2 – 6wk Course starting 14th October.
Available to Veterans, spouses and carers $5 per session.
- Nutrition Australia – Follow Workplace Hygiene Procedures (Food Handlers Certificate)—Accredited module for Hospitality qualifications: 1 day course—Saturday October 17th 9.30-4.30pm.
$110. Bookings essential. Trainer: Angela (CVGT) Accredited course.
- Responsible Serving of Alcohol – Run by CVGT (RTO) on behalf of Liquor Licence Victoria.
Saturday November 14th 2009, 9.30—1.30pm. $90. Bookings essential.
Other courses available
- Red Card – Construction Induction training– mandatory for anyone working on a building or construction site.
- Food Hygiene Supervisor’s course – Coffee Barista—Hands on.
- First Aid – For information or bookings please contact the Romsey Community House on 5429 6724. Watch the Romsey Rag for further details.
This class is run by well known local psychologist Sam Luxemburg. It is designed for those people wanting to improve their communication skills at home, at work or as a volunteer. It involves practical activities and topics covered include (a) Listening, (b) What makes listening difficult and (c) The difference between sympathy and empathy.
- Date: Saturday 21st November.
- Time:10am – 1.00pm
- Cost: $25.00 per head. Bookings essential.
Phone Romsey Community House on 5429-6724
Person Centred Counselling
If you are thinking about a counselling career, or perhaps you are a volunteer who works in a community group, then this 6 week course is designed just for you. Sam Luxemburg, a qualified psychologist, has worked as a counsellor for 25 years and is passionate about training for counselling. Sam believes "everyone can be a better communicator". We are now taking bookings for Term 1 2010. Contact Romsey Community House on 5429-6724 for further information.